Scottish Cup: Rangers ease past Annan

Annan Athletic 0 - 3  Rangers

Rangers' eased to Scottish Cup last-16 win over Annan Athletic.

Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey and Polish full-back Mateusz Zukowski also made their debuts as goals from Filip Helander, Fashion Sakala and Kemar Roofe gave Rangers a 3-0 half-time lead.

Aaron Ramsey told the media: "Coming to a massive club like this, there's always pressure to win, and I like that and hopefully, we can have a successful season together.

"It's my first start in a long time, so I'm going to be rusty, but glad I got the minutes in my legs. I'm feeling good. I'm building on everything every week by week and hopefully, I can start more regularly. I'm just happy to be here and enjoying my football again."

Annan 0 - 3 Rangers

More reaction

One Rangers fan told us: "It was a professional performance in the end. We have recovered from the defeat against Celtic. The double is very much on."

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst added: "We wanted to start really good and of course it was good to decide the match in the first half," he tells Premier Sports.

"It was difficult circumstances with the wind and rain, but I happy with the performance and result. We had no injuries, so it was a good day for us."

Annan would have been disappointed with their first-half performance but they improved for the second 45 minutes. They are currently 3rd in Scottish League Two, and have an excellent chance of making the end of season play-offs.  

Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United