Deadline Day news from across the continent

It was a busy Deadline Day across Europe. 

Let's have a look at some of the biggest stories.

Scotland - Rangers sign Aaron Ramsey on loan

Rangers were clearly delighted with the loan signing of Wales international midfielder Aaron Ramsey from Juventus until the end of the season.

The Welsh international told the Rangers website: “I am really pleased to be joining a club like Rangers, where there is so much to look forward to between now and May.

“I had a number of offers on the table, but none matched the magnitude of this club, with European football and the chance to play in front of 50,000 fans every other week.

Deadline Day: Everton sign Donny van de Beek on loan (eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com)

Deadline Day: Lot's going on at Tottenham (eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com)

Italy - AC Milan sign Cathal Heffernan from Cork City

The 16-year-old defender, who made his senior Cork debut last year, has been on trial at the Italian giants.

He posted on his Instagram: "Words can’t describe how happy I am with this move to @acmilan. Can’t wait to get started and I’d like to thank all my family especially @marianheffernan82 @robert.heffernan @stevestagram17 @angelaandrews51 ye have helped me soo much to get me to this point. 

Lastly I really want to thank @sire_7_ and @supermanireland7 because without you none of this would of happened and I am soo great full of this opportunity you have given me. #forzamilan

Spain - Barcelona sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on free transfer

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has joined Barcelona on a free transfer after leaving Arsenal. The 32-year-old Gabon striker scored 92 goals in 163 games prior to a disciplinary breach in December.

The Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta told media across the UK: ""If I had to choose I wouldn't like to be sitting here talking about it, but we had to do it.

"When we have to make that decision, it's because it's the right one to defend the interests of the football club."

Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United