Deadline Day: Everton sign Donny van de Beek on loan

Everton have announced the signing of Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek on loan until the end of the season.

The Dutch midfielder has been allowed to leave Old Trafford by interim boss Ralf Rangnick after struggling for game time.

Previous rumours had indicated that Crystal Palace were also interested in the Dutchman, while there were also enquiries from abroad.

However, Van de Beek has elected to link up with Frank Lampard, who was recently confirmed as Chelsea manager.

Back in July, he was also linked with a move to Barcelona.

FCB NEWS: Barcelona 'offered' Donny van de Beek deal by Manchester United

Since signing for Manchester United in 2020, Van de Beek has struggled at the club. He has appeared in only 50 matches, with the vast majority coming from the bench. Several United fans have repeatedly questioned his lack of involvement in the team.

Perhaps, a temporary move to Everton will allow him to kick start his Premier League career?

Reaction

The midfielder told the Everton website: "Now I can say I am an Everton player, I am really happy and can’t wait to help the team. I think it is a great club. There are really good players here and I came because I want to help them go up the table.

“I hope to bring my football qualities, my passing, and, of course, scoring goals. It is a big part of my game to score and give assists and I will try to do that again. And it is not only offensive, you have to defend as a midfielder and I can do that as well."

Deadline Day: Lot's going on at Tottenham (eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com)

European Super Football (eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com)

One Everton fan told us: "This has been a great day for us, and I think this will be a superb signing. Albeit, one that's only temporary."

Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United