Championship reaction: Swansea City 3 - 0 Cardiff City

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has pledged to fight on after Swansea inflicted a south Wales derby mauling and a sixth successive defeat on his side. 

Jamie Paterson, Joël Piroe and Jake Bidwell were on target as Swansea piled the pressure on the embattled McCarthy with a comfortable victory. Click here to find more news from the English Football League.

 McCarthy spoke with the media after the game and said:“It’s difficult when you are on a run like we are. All of a sudden it doesn’t look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

“When does the pressure get too much for me? I keep doing the job and trying to get results. I will continue until anybody tells me different. All I have had is support. I think they – more than anybody – want me to be a success. Until anybody tells me different, I will be preparing for the Fulham game on Wednesday.”

The winning Swansea manager, Russell Martin, also gave his thoughts:“It was an incredible performance. The guys have handled the occasion brilliantly,” Martin said. “I feel like we’ve been really dominant in games and not quite created enough or, when we have, not quite had the composure and poise to finish it off.

“We spoke before the game about weathering the storm early on while Cardiff have intensity, energy and aggression. After that, I thought we controlled the match in a really good way.”

 Watch the highlights now

The Swansea City YouTube account posted the highlights of the match and will no doubt have been shared by their fans all over Wales and beyond. One posted a simple comment: "What a win and what a performance. Onwards and upwards now!"

Another fan added:"Absolutely brilliant win and performance from us today. Paterson was incredible and his celebration was special. I knew the commentary would be amazing too"


Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United