Transfer News: Kalidou Koulibaly signs for Chelsea

Having signed Raheem Sterling a few days ago, Chelsea have made another signing.

They have signed centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly on a four-year deal from Napoli.

The Senegal international joined Napoli from Genk in 2014 and made 317 appearances for the Italian side.

His arrival at Stamford Bridge follows the departures of defenders Antonio Rudiger to Real Madrid and Andreas Christensen to Barcelona, both on free transfers.

The defender has been linked with a number of clubs over recent seasons, including Manchester United and Manchester City.

Man Utd nhắm tới bản hợp đồng 110 triệu bảng Kalidou Koulibaly sau quyết định chuyển nhượng của Real Madrid

Koulibaly made his senior debut for Senegal in September 2015 and has since earned 62 caps, captaining the team to victory at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

He becomes Chelsea's second signing since the Todd Boehly-led takeover after Raheem Sterling joined the club in a £50m deal.

Reaction

Koulibaly told the Chelsea website: "I’m very happy to be here with this team at Chelsea, It’s a big team in the world and my dream was always to play in the Premier League. Chelsea came first to get me in 2016 but we didn’t make it. Now when they came to me I accepted it because they really wanted me to come to the Premier League to play for them. When I spoke to my good friends Edou and Jorginho they made my choice easier so I’m really happy to be with you today.

"I want to thank the fans because I saw a lot of them in London and on the plane everybody was happy for me to be here. So I want to thank them and I hope the season will be really good and we will give some good moments to the fans."

More Premier League news from European Super Football can be found by clicking the link below.

Premier League news (eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com) 

Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United