EFL news: Wayne Rooney turns down Everton approach

Derby County are in the news again

News reports indicate that Derby County boss Wayne Rooney turned down the chance to talk with Everton about their managerial vacancy. 

He wants to stay and help Derby out of the mess that threatens their entire existence.

Romero Could've Let Late Free-Kick In! 

 (Wayne Rooney also had a spell playing for Derby)

Rooney said: "Everton approached my agent and asked me to interview for the job, but I turned them down, It was a difficult decision. I believe I will be a Premier League manager and that I am ready for that 100%."

He added: "If that comes with Everton, great. But I have a job at Derby, which is important to me."

Rooney praises the Derby fans

Rooney is building up quite a reputation for his work with the club. He has also been keen to praise the club's support. It is expected that over 30,000 will be in the ground for their upcoming match against Birmingham.

He told the Derby County website:

 “The support they are giving myself and the players has been huge. It (Sunday's match against Birmingham) will be great if it’s a sell out and hopefully we can reward all of our supporters with three points; that is the aim.

“I’ve got a great group of players who are working extremely hard for this club and the fans. We are all trying our best to give ourselves the best chance of staying up.

“It has been difficult throughout the season with everything that is going on, but our focus is purely what we can do on the pitch to try and improve and give ourselves the best chance.”

Popular posts from this blog

EFL: Ipswich promoted to Premier League

FA Cup: United win on penalties

Premier League: Another strange performance from Manchester United